The business of writing can get too serious at times. This list isn’t original with me but it made me smile today. Maybe you, too?
- Define first person. Adam
- Define metaphor. Something you shout through
- Define simile. A picturesque way of saying what you really mean, such as calling your mother an old trout.
- List two parts of speech. Lungs. Air.
- Define adverb. The horses run vastly. This is an adverb.
- Define an abstract noun: something you can’t see when you are looking at it.
- Define an abstract noun: the name of something which has no existence, such as goodness.
- Define an abstract noun: something we can think of but cannot feel, like a red-hot poker.